Saturday, February 18, 2012

12 pre planned dates

12 pre-planned dates, 12 months, one couple

With the age of technology and internet blogging and being creative is already difficult with so many blogs being the same out there. As an artist who is completely left brained and is constantly thinking up DIY, crafts, creating art lesson plans for my students and making jewelry and trying to be unique it has become increasingly hard with Pinterest. I do love that site and think it has FABULOUS ideas, recipes, fashion and home styling but I also have my doubts about it. As an artist, crafter and blogger it partially puts a damper on my creative side. I do know that my ideas weren't the first to be thought up but with the internet and Pinterest especially hard to be original. With that said I will credit mine and Matt's valentines gift to each other to find joy in the journey who I stumbled across via Pinterest.

Matt and I don't typically celebrate Valentines day because everyday should be celebrated with love and happiness. When I found this blog and saw this fantastic idea of pre-packaged & planned dates for the next year, one per month, I decided to mix it up a bit. The next year for us will be a fantastic yet VERY busy one... I graduate this May (HOOOORAY!), my sister weds this June, planning our own wedding, attending SEVERAL close friends weddings, Matt's graduation, finding a home for us, etc will be crazy and exciting. So in order for us to know that we will have a night each month designated for us will make us appreciate each other and slow things down. Matt and I split it up half and half taking 6 months each to create our own unique and maybe even pre-paid dates.


We are staring off this pre-planned date by going to dinner Sunday (we haven't been on a date in quite some time). We are going to put them all together and open up next months date together! yay! I will keep you up to date with our journey as it happens in the next 12 months. <3

xoxo
Jenna

ps-
congrats to our good friends
Shaun and Sofia
on their engagement on 2/14/12 :)
SO EXCITED for you both!

2 comments:

  1. Mike and I are doing this too!!! Except we have a goal to keep each date under $12 because we're poor haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenna, I love your site. I do a show for www.ivillage.com called "My Best Idea". I could send you a link, it's not on the air yet. But I think you would be a wonderful contributor. So shoot me an e-back if you would like more info. Best Lisa Nee
    Lisa@allennee.com

    Lisa Nee, Executive Producer
    Allen/Nee Productions
    40 Chestnut Hill Road
    Madison, CT. 06443
    (914) 381-4483
    Lisa@allennee.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...