Happy fall!! During my shopping trips recently I have found some really cute fall decor. Something that really grabbed my attention were the faux carved pumpkins in stores. I attempted to make my own however I ran into a problem... I purchased a pumpkin that was not hollow...ha!
Supplies:
- Sharpie
- pencil
- scratch paper
- a faux pumpkin
For this project I didn't have a hollow pumpkin so I improvised and created something else. I used an xacto knife to see if it was hollow (sometimes styrofoam is so light you can't tell!). I cut a tiny circle in the bottom so if it wasn't hollow it wouldn't be noticeable.
see... it's not hollow. ahhh!
My next idea was to put the initial of our last name on the pumpkin. I pulled up word and typed some G's and then googled G to find a typography I liked. I sketched out the letters that I liked the best and then picked my favorite.
The following G was my favorite so I ripped it off and taped it to the pumpkin.
I then used my pencil to trace it leaving a very faint trace/outline the letter.
Then I took my sharpie and colored the G in and made it as thick or thin as I wanted.
Here is my final product! I love it.
It's festive for the hole fall season instead of a carved out jack-o-lantern.
It'll be great for Halloween and Thanksgiving decor.










No comments:
Post a Comment