Thursday, April 26, 2012

April project


APRIL PROJECT (ONGOING)

VEGGIES, HERBS, FRUITS & a GARDEN
oh my!



When I was younger we used to have a garden full of different herbs and veggies but the squirrels and rabbits around here enjoyed it more than we did.  Then we started spending the summer at the shore so the garden started to get no love at all.  Now that the kiddos are all older my mom spends the summer down the shore but I have asked my dad if I could revive the garden that once was.  He said I could if I was up for the challenge to weed, de-grass and try to clean up behind the garage where the garden used to thrive.

Well, over spring break I spent two days, a total of 6-8 hours total busting my butt cleaning up the area that used to be a garden about 7 years ago! (lol!)    They ground was uneven, full of stones, weeds, crab grass and the thickest grass ever.  Here is a before and after....




my dad and my brother (who has done landscaping)
were impressed and even more impressed with how
fast I got it done!! :)





this bad boy took me an hour to get out!! grr
the root of this dead tree was at least 2-3 feet deep




I made a little friend. She was in her glory with all the earth worms I dug up




just a few of my veggie markers for the garden



I still have to plant my magnolias to keep out critters, put up chicken wire to keep out rabbits as well as my fur baby Junior and plant my veggies and fruit.  It's gotten cold out at night again so threat of frost is still looming so I can't plant for a couple more weeks.  I am hoping now that we have a dog that maybe just maybe it will keep away some of the rodents so that I can enjoy my goodies!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...