Monday, June 10, 2013

DO IT YO'SELF.



We've moved!

Matt & I have officially moved into our first, perfect and cozy little home together. While moving I have some diy projects coming this summer! Space saving techniques for apartment dwellers like ourselves, money saving tips, reuse- reduce- recycle projects and galoreeee!

This DIY project is a space saver for my work desk. I found that my old desk was a hot mess. I had stuff in the drawers that rolled around. Lotion, nail file, stapler, tape... it all rolled around. Well my friends... viola!

Desk Drawer Space Saver-Organizer

Supplies:
  • Duct tape (I used a fun floral vintage looking print)
  • Scissors
  • small box. I had luckily had boxes from my wedding invitations that I recycled. But you can cut the bottom of cereal boxes to the height of the desk or shoe box. ANY type of box.


STEP 1

Measure the height of your boxes so they fit into your desk drawer. My boxes had a lid so I just took a box cutter to it and chopped it off having the base.

STEP 2

Wrap the box with the duct tape carefully. I didn't line up the print because I'm not that particular but I did just overlap it a centimeter so that there were not white spots. I really tried my best to not have wrinkles but it was hard and there are a few.  Wrap it however you'd like. I didn't do my side because I liked that my boxes were white and there was white in the print of the duct tape so I left it. But, you could cover the hole thing depending on the type of box. If you were using a cereal box I'd probably have done the whole thing.


*I did not wrap the whole bottom. It would have been a waste of duct tape! *
no one is looking at the bottom :)

STEP 3

Arrange them in your drawer and start to organize!



So so so simple, cheap and your recycling. My desk is black so the black doodle look of the duct tape popped even more with the black desk :-)  No more floating items or missing things! HOORAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...