Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hello Bloggers, I'm Sparrow.

In mid March, Matt and I visited my cousin and her boyfriend at their new home in Maryland.  While we were there we took a trip to the local Petsmart to get their pup groomed.  As Matt and I were wandering the aisles talking about adopting a beta fish (again) when we move into our apartment we saw the cat rescue. We stopped to play and pet the kitties. There was a kitten that had just been brought in named Corky. We left totally swooning over her and made some calls and decided we would rescue/adopt her. When we went back someone was already adopting and giving this cutie a forever home and putting her in a carrier. My heart was broken, our hearts were broken and we were so sad.

But, this story get better!! I promise...

On, April 2 we stopped at our local Petsmart to see some of the cats/kittens and on April 7, we adopted our first fur baby. Meet our sweet, lovable, goofy, cuddly, perfectly imperfect tortie, Sparrow.





Matt and I always talked about adopting a rescued animal because they all need homes but Sparrows story of being rescued is a sad one.  As you can see she is missing her left eye, but this doesn't stop her from being your typical playful kitty. The rescue nor Matt and I know what happened to her eye... was she born without or was there a fight? Good news though--- the vet says she is not in pain and her eye lid should eventually shut entirely. Sparrow is a 1 1/2 years old and was found in a horrible situation. She had 5 kittens with her when she was rescued (whom have all found homes) and that was her second litter... But her story doesn't end. Its just beginning she is living with us and is learning to love and be loved. She loves morning cuddles and playing with her toy mice. It was destiny that brought her to us. We weren't suppose to get Corky from Maryland because Sparrow was waiting back home for us.


i love my pretty lady.

Have I mentioned she sounds like a bird when she purrs?! too cute. xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...