Today is black friday and I made a vow that I would not leave my home today. School is closed Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving break-- so no work for me! We live right near one of the largest malls in the United States (the 2nd largest if you want to get technical). I did not want to risk traffic or attempt to get in my car. I decided I would sleep until my body felt that I didn't need it any longer, cleaned the apartment and decorated for Christmas!
I am beyond excited to decorate my first apartment, our first home and celebrate the holidays together (as a married couple). I'm so giddy, happy and pumped!
As I finished up my decorating and began working on Christmas gifts I decided to reflect on what I am thankful for this year and every year- past and future. I am thankful for my rock, my best friend and the man I married this year and the little fur ball Sparrow we adopted in the spring. I am more than thankful and blessed for the perfect wedding we had and being surrounded by all our family and friends on our big day. Thankful for a job, family, friends, my talent and all the happy things happening to loved ones all around me.
I am also thankful for the team of people that helped search high and low, hang posters, and called shelters/police stations/SPCA's/family and friends while we were on our honeymoon and our Sparrow was lost. A huge thank you for the persistence of my in laws and sister in law who brought her home to us!
Most and foremost I am thankful for my amazing, supportive, generous and inspiring parents. With their constant support and love I would not be the woman I have become.
What are you thankful for?










No comments:
Post a Comment