Tuesday, January 28, 2014

DIY Tree Memoir Ornament


Tree Stump Ornament

This was our first Christmas together as a married couple but also our first Christmas together in the same home! Here is something I did to remember our special moment.

I used a portion of our tree to make an ornament to save our tree and remember for life. 


  • Matt helped saw off the 1/2 inch thick piece of trunk from bottom of the tree.  
  • I scrubbed (with mild soap and warm water) to get any sap or pieces of unwanted tree off and allowed it to dry for a few days.  
  • I have a small photo hanging kit with things to hang photos. In the kit it has one of those bits (I can't remember the name of it) its a little screw but instead of being straight its a circle. I twisted it in the top so I could add a hook with no problem.  
  • I painted on the stump "Our 1st Christmas tree" and added a ribbon accent.

Love how it looks!!


I can't wait to hang this on the tree next year

I have also heard of people doing a similar thing but saved all tree stump slivers and write memories of the year and sign family names. Its a fun way to see a growing family and what achievements have happened throughout the year.

A friend of mine posted a photo of her and her toddler doing a craft project a couple weeks ago.  I decided to give it a try.  She gathered pine needles and imprinted them into clay.  I used air dry clay which is simple (I think she did too!) and used a rolling pin to make the imprint. Once dried I painted the clay and added a magnet strip to the back. viola.






 


What have you done or created to remember your special moments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...