Wednesday, January 29, 2014

DIY Canisters for a friendly budget




DIY Canisters for a friendly budget


Materials Needed:
  • Canister(s): I used an empty bread crumb canister & one was a finished can of coffee grinds.  Washed both. VERY LITTLE WATER and mild soap. enough to get scent and remains out but did not damage the cardboard in process. Breadcrumb can needed a clean wipe & that was it.
  • fabric.  AC Moore, Michaels and Jo-Ann Fabrics all have these amazing small fabric bundles. Some are even $1!
  • Spray adhesive- because lets be real, do you want to spread glue all over that canister or apply faster with spray?
  • yarn, twine, string, ribbon etc.
Use gloves when spraying the adhesive.


1) I wasn't able to take a photo of putting the fabric on the canister. Gloves, glue and cameras are not a good combination. Make sure you don't put the fabric to close to the top. You won't be able to put the lid... It'll look clean just wait.

2) let the fabric/adhesive dry. Once dry put the kid on the top then take the twine/yarn (whatever your using) and start wrapping! Wrap at the top and bottom so your fabric doesn't fray.


The left I wrapped at top and bottom. On the right I left 1/2 inch extra fabric to overlap and then glued it to the bottom. 


I like how they both look. :)
I'd love to see what you make and what fabrics you use.  Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram (@justj12)

- xo, Jenna 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...