Monday, June 9, 2014

At home Gel Mani

While on Pinterest (I still have a love-hate with that site, that rant isn't for now- ha!) I stumbled across a at home manicure that was as similar to a gel mani.

What grabbed my attention was that you didn't pay the $$$$ of a gel manicure at a salon (score!), could use low cost polishes AND any color you already own. Oh, and the top coat is one I would recommend to anyone anyway. I was thrilled to see that this blogger recommended Out the Door Top Coat. woo-hoo!

Okay, so I'm sure you want the link now don't you.  Right, fine.  Aren't you interested in my review? Oh, I wouldn't be blogging about something that wasn't great? true, or is it...

I did this many Friday night and Its now Monday evening. I can officially say that it's passed a lot of tests today at work being the biggest... meh maybe last nights was the true test.  Let's say Saturday I didn't to anything to crazy. I did clean but I wear gloves when I clean.  I don't like the harsh cleaning chemicals on my hands and in my nail beds!  So, it survived that.   Sunday, I crocheted and made some new jewelry pieces.  Beading, cutting, wires aka banging around and putting some nails to the test.  Today, was the last truest test.  I work for a cyber school so working at a computer all day long is definitely in the cards. Typing all day does a number on my polish every. single. day. I will say that its still going strong. I'll update you later this week on how it lasts through a week banging keys all day.

Go over and check out The Sweetest Thing's blog post on gel mani's.


  • I used the same top coat (which I already had- score!But I get it at Sally Beauty Supply)
  • color: 'dot' by Zoya which is a beautiful pale pink.  I got this in my February Ipsy bag and would highly recommend!
  • I did go out and buy the Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat [can be found at Sally Beauty Supply]
Give it a try. I'm happy I did!
What are some of your favorite nail colors?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...