hey guys!!
So this past weekend was busy and fun. I spent the day in New York City on saturday. My impressionism class went to the MET where we were lectured on paintings we learned in class. It was cool to see the works of art by Manet, Monet, Seurat, Cezanne and Courbet (to name a few!) in person. They are gorgeous! Matt didn't have work saturday so he drove up separately and later (lucky I had to be on campus at 7:30 am! ugh) I then left the museum and met up with my friend Autumn who came from Brooklyn to meet up with Matt and I. We had a lovely brunch with delicious cocktails. Sunday I worked and spent my evening working on paintings for my show that I install TOMORROW! I can't believe that I started 2 oil paintings thursday and finished them! phew...now lets cross our fingers they dry (to touch at least) to hang for the installation tomorrow.
I can't believe that my senior art show is this week! I am beyond excited and both nervous at the same time. I have lots of friends and family who have said they are going to come, I hope its a great turn out. We'll have treats, drinks, coffee and 30 artists for you guys to meet!
Here are some shots I took while in central park. I love the dalmation who was watching and 'pointing' at the ducks in the pond.
Central Park is full of crazy and unique characters but I can't say that I have ever had a fairy spotting while walking around there. Well I just happened to see a life-size fairy hanging out in central park. I am thinking it was a performance piece BUT she was kinda creepin' people out --- borderline live sculpture (she was NOT moving).
I'm hoping I can breathe a little easier once the show is up. I have a paper to work on and then relaxation! I reeeeealllllyyy need to update my Etsy shop for you Christmas shoppers! I have so much made and no time to take photos and update the poor ol' shop.
I have necklaces, rings, wine charms, crocheted items, bracelets, earrings etc! I also was thinking of doing a "before the holidays giveaway". I may have a couple things to giveaway that you can snag to give as a gift or treat yourself! stay tuned!













No comments:
Post a Comment