
Hey guys!
I've been uber busy with end of the semester and work. I have finals next week and a week off between spring semester and summer 1.
Last weekend I babysat and the girls and I made homemade watercolors! It was so cool and
fun


Supplies:
Baking soda
White vinegar
Cornstarch
Food coloring
Light corn syrup
A container for the paint (icecube trays work as well as paint trays from your local art store)
Toothpicks
Combine 3 tablespoons of baking soda, cornstarch and white vinegar in a bowl (with a spout works even better!!). Than add 1 1/2 tsp of the light corn syrup... This is cool because it fizzes and is almost like a science project! Wait until the fizzing subsides and pour into a container you've chosen for your paints.
Then start adding the food coloring in to achieve the color you want. I let the girls dothis themselves. They had fun making different colors such as teal or deep purple... Using toothpicks stir the food coloring in.

Let them dry over night (deeper the dish the longer it'll take). They turned out beautifully. Now you've successfully made your OWN watercolors. I don't know about you but this was so SIMPLE & I had all the ingredients in my home!!

The difference between these paints and store bought is that these are a bit chalky BC of the baking soda but the colors are vibrant!

Link me with your own Watercolor DIY photos.

xoxo
Jenna 







I'm totally doing this with my preschool class! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteSuch a great idea. I'm gonna have to give this a shot.
ReplyDelete