Friday, January 13, 2012

12 projects in 2012

So my dear crafty blogger friend Allison of craftedlove is doing a feature called 12 projects in 2012. (Tera has joined too!) I asked her to join in and she said to go for it! With student teaching I thought I would not have time but then I realized that I may be learning new things while teaching my high schoolers! I am going to try and tackle it :)

I may do things a little bit different. I plan on coming up with a list of projects or may just spring a project on myself if I think of something out of no where!

|[12 projects in 2012 ]|


[ Watercolor ] I dabbled in watercolor many years ago while in high school. I wasn't much of a fan of it then but I would like to try it out. I'm an oil painter and love layering, slapping it on, making texture and getting messy. I am teaching a painting class to 5 students (very intimidating i must say!!!) and my co-op teacher is a water color painter. I can't wait to revisit it and learn from her!

[1] Embroidery I bought a small embroidery kit at a thrift store about eh, a year ago! I want to tackle that guy!

[2] DIY Candle Decor This girl is not only a crafty artist but a DIY bride. I want to use this 12 projects in 2012 to get some DIY wedding stuff done :]

[3] Crochet baby booties I know many people that are having babies or plan to have babies. I already know how to crochet but I want to push myself harder and challenge myself.

[4] Crochet an afghan- adult or baby Again, I am trying to challenge myself harder.

[5] Cook hey, I will be a wife & its about time I start learning a thing or two or hundred from my all Italian mother!! I want to learn how to make a pot of gravy (yes, the red kind).

[6] Bake Pinterest has made my sweet tooth even sweeter. Some people are so creative and I totally wanna attempt this.

[7] Refurbish I want to take something old and make it new for my future home with Matt.

[8/9] Pinterest I want to tackle a project or two from my boards!!

[10] Garden We used to have a garden of veggies & herbs behind our garage. I want to bring it back to life. (please Dad?)

[11] Sculpture/pottery It's been years, I loved it then so why not try it again.

[12] Sewing I don't know the specifics... I took a class in high school & I can work the machine but I want to make something that I don't have to tell people "Don't inspect the stitching" hahaha


Now, I am not going to make any of this set in stone for obvious & chaotic schedule reasons BUT I will definitely be doing 12 projects, in no particular order. I may change some or add some! Who knows, lets see how this turns out. I am excited :]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...