Today Matt is taking maternity pictures for my friends Michelle & Drew . I am going to help and obviously hang out with my bestie! We're really excited to play and for me to play Matt's assistant (without a camera haha). I'm baking the the bread for tonights dessert since Mr. Daddy to be in making us all dinner. yay!!
So everyone seems to be obsessed with Pinterest lately and yes, it's pretty amazing and full of tons of ideas! Although, I must admit that nothing is going to be original anymore because of all the crafty ideas. I saw an ideas for healthy smoothies and I kind of adapted it and created my own recipe.
Yogurt Fresh Fruit Smoothies
I bought fresh fruit recently and some of it was getting reeeeally ripe so I cut it up and put it in ziplock bags and froze them! Fresh frozen fruit makes me happier than frozen bought fruit because I picked it, bought it, and cut it up and let it ripe to what I like. Pick fruits that you favor and that you like together in smoothies.
I chose:
* Strawberries
* Mangoes
* bananas
Cut them up into bite size pieces and freeze!
I also bought a large 32 oz container of organic vanilla yogurt. I use yogurt to eat with granola, mix yogurt with sugar free jello mix for a yummy snack and much more! I decided to put yogurt in ice cube trays and freeze so I can use it in my smoothies! After all of my yogurt and fruit is frozen I decided to separate it into serving size ziplock bags and store in the freezer.
Smoothie serving size:
* 1 1/2 cups of fruit
* 3 pucks of vanilla yogurt
Blend with milk (fat free to keep it low calorie), orange juice or Coconut water. It's delicious, low calorie and adds liquid so that the items can blend well. (or anything you want to blend it with)
yummy yummy. Great on the go breakfast or mid-day snack-a-roooski!
Each sandwich size ziplock bag is one serving size. (or can be two depending on how much is too filling. this is something I am still adapting myself). I throw it all in my magic bullet and head out to start my day.
perfect.
Happy Saturday!!
xoxo- jenna









No comments:
Post a Comment