Sunday, September 16, 2012

End of Summer...

The end of summer means summer locally grown veggies will start to die down.  My garden is starting to dwindle down.  I have picked every last tomato even the small and every green tomato.  My mom has been canning pumpkin every fall for as long as I can remember (my mama doesn't ever use canned pumpkin!).  I decided to try and make pickled tomatoes!  Canning was so easy! I want to try to make some jams. Oh, and yes I was a 50's housewife and spent my saturday night painting my nails and canning... haha!

I also spent this weekend painting! I haven't painted in phew, it has been way way waaaay to long.  I have painted for teaching/lesson plan purposes but I can guarantee it's been a year that I've painted for pleasure and myself.  It was a long overdue therapeutic night.  It's a work in progress but I have decided to try some abstract florals. Perhaps a new series?  I started off not having the slightest idea as to what I was painting and painted to the music.  I can actually say I was doing some abstract expressionism. <3 p="p">
Here are some photos of the pickled tomatoes (I haven't tasted BUT I was successful with canning all 11!) and my painting.




 



I have a yummy project for your herbs before the cold comes rolling in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...