Hurricane Sandy came barreling down the East Coast Monday into Tuesday this week. It was pretty terrifying and I am sure you have all seen some images on the news. I live outside Philadelphia and we were effected by the storm and our poor neighbors New Jersey and New York took the grunt of it. I was fortunate to not lose power but we had transformers blowing all around us Monday night (and it stunk so bad outside) the sky was green, and our house was shaking. I could only imagine what it felt like for those that chose not to evacuate the shore. I have family and neighbors who did lose power in our area and still do not have it and won't for several more days and even losing JUST power I consider fortunate. During the storm we had two family friends from New Jersey staying with us who evacuated. I did have family and friends who chose not to evacuate because last summer when Irene hit they did not get much damage and left so they decided to hold out and they regret it. I know to many people that have lost belongings or even their homes. My parents have a shore house and they did not get much damage down there either (thank the lord!) but poor Long Beach Island, Seaside Heights, New York, Atlantic City etc have lost so much. I spent many childhood years at those places and to see it gone is so heart breaking.
long beach island
seaside heights
north wildwood (where my family has a house)
this huge terrifying superstorm
Hurricane Sandy
I hope my fellow East Coasters are safe and doing well and didn't suffer too much damage or no damage at all.
New Jersey and New York shelters are in need of clothes, blankets, batteries and non perishable food items. You can also help by donating to the American Red Cross.













I'm a new follower!
ReplyDeletePraying for all of you affected. My bff lives on Staten Island and she just had a newborn. Thankfully they are okay.
Color Me Kinder
Hello! Thank you, it's so sad. I want to help out especially knowing I am only a couple hours away! So I have decided to do donations with my shop profits this week :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that your friend is okay! That is so scary to have a newborn during that storm, I couldn't imagine...