Wednesday, October 20, 2010

PostSecret

I've been slacking in the blog department. Hopefully I'll start up more often now that some things in my daily life have been grounded. Since I have missed SO many inspirational fridays recently I'll surprise you all with a Wednesday Inspiration post. It's different then the usual....


Last thursday, 10/14 I went to a PostSecret event on campus where Frank Warren came and discussed PS and showed us unseen cards and chatted. He eventually opened the mic up to us to share our secrets or stories publicly. IT. WAS. INSPIRATIONAL. I left that place with so much love in my heart and astounded by the things people shared openly, yet nervously (could tell in their voices) with total strangers. Some were funny, many were serious and touched hearts but all were brave & life changing. They were not alone in that room because there is at least one (if not more) person that could relate to them. Which is the powerful aspect about PostSecret. There were 3 that really took my breathe away and gave me goose bumps and one even made my eyes fill up

I also got to meet Frank Warren and had him sign my PostSecret book. I talked to him about the most memorable postcard that I read and how I am an artist and love hearing the stories/secrets relating to art etc.

this is the one we chatted about
I tried to find the counterpartner//response card someone
made towards this, it said something like this:
"The day you left me is the day I started painting"





My secret this week:
After reading this weeks sunday secrets on the PostSecret blog,
I like to think that the handful of postcards displayed this week
that are about art were posted because of our conversation.
(even though that may not be so...)

Never heard of PostSecret??? --
blog (with updates every sunday!)







Have you had the pleasure to meet Frank? Is this the first time you have heard of PS?
What are your thoughts?

I'd like to hear what you guys have to say!

[xo]


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...