Sunday, January 2, 2011

Holiday Gift Guide #10

hOLidAY GiFT GUidE 2010
[ #10 ]

Spa Gift

google images

The holiday season may be over but if you've been hosting parties since before Christmas you may be dragging or need a day off. Perhaps you not done partying (you party animal- rock on!) here's a fun gift to make and bring for the host at your next party so they can get some chill time.

I'm still feeling yucky. I'm hoping to get a doctors appointment- the new year brought me insurance! whoot. (lets hope it's kicked in to get the appt)

I have some different recipes I've found over the years. I don't have a collection of photographs since I haven't made them in quite some time & I'm still feeling down to do it myself. (but I am sharing!)

Each one of these diy spa gift ideas will need jars (to be stored it). I like to save old lip gloss jars and clean them out, thrift jars or old sugar bowls, and baby food jars are perfect!

photos by me

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

photo by me
Lemon Lip Gloss

ingredients: 2 tablespoons crisco or vegetable shortening // 1 tablespoon grated paraffin wax (grocery stores carry it) // 10 drops of vitamen E oil // 10 drops lemon oil

-Combine everything in a bowl

-Microwave mixture for 30 seconds and if its not all melted heat for another 10. Until completely melted.

-Add to little containers and let cool to room temperature!

Save old lip gloss containers and clean them out before use. Small containers can be bought at craft stores or online as well.


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Lemon Tea Sugar Scrub

*this is great as facial or body scrub and works wonders!*

ingredients: 1 cup sugar // 3 tablespoons epsom salt // 10 teaspoons olive oil // 2 teaspoons honey // 3 green tea bags (rip them open) // 1 lemon to zest

- grate the lemon rind and set aside zest.

- Combine and mix sugar, epsom salt, and loose tea in large mixing bowl

- Add in olive oil and mix then add honey and mix well.

- Add in zest and mix.

*add ingredients in this order!!*

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Try making these and putting them together in a basket to give away as gifts. Cute gifts for your bridesmaids and try adding personalized pieces. Jar lids can be painted on or monogrammed as long as you spray them with clear protective spray.


Hope these work for you! :)

- jenna


Check out some bath fizzies by good ol' Martha. Click on photo for link.
photo copyright Martha Stewart.

1 comment:

  1. your blog is adorable...cute stuff everywhere. where do i start...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...