Tuesday, June 5, 2012

healthy tuna salad


Healthy (no-mayo) Tuna Salad


Yesterday I made the most delicious tuna salad ever.  I don't like my tuna made with too much mayo but I have been eating much healthy recently (with the help of weight watchers as well) and decided to adapt tuna salad in a low-cal way.  I loaded it with tons of veggies to make it more filling and more fiber :)

Ingredients:
- can of tuna (I used a half a can for myself)
- red onion
- green or red pepper
- celery
- tomato
- olives
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar (I made mine a little more acidic but this isn't necessary)

Chop of all your veggies really small, I used my hand held chopper which make everything super small and bite sized. Add in tuna and then drizzle olive oil and if you want, red wine vinegar.  Mix it all up and spoon onto toasted whole wheat bread. YUM!! I ended up eating it in a bowl but the toasted whole wheat bread is so delicious as well.  If you like yours more creamier substituting plain yogurt can be used as well.





check out my awesome little herb garden on my back deck.  There is nothing better than fresh herbs :)



ENJOY!! Let me know if you try this recipe out.  Remember to watch your tuna intake.  You should be only eating tuna a few times a month because of the mercury in it.

xoxo- jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...