Monday, June 11, 2012

DIY Garden



I have a perfect DIY project for apartment dwellers or those that have small yard space and want to have a small garden.  I am currently living at home and have 4 potted herb plants on our deck and one cherry tomato in a pot. Luckily, we have a space behind out garage which I have turned into a veggie garden.  I planted some sugar snap pea seeds in indoor pods but mine have grown very well in the garden... so I did not want these 6 inch tall beauties to go to waste.  I decided that I would give them to my mom for her shore house which has limited space for a veggie/fruit garden.  She has some small potted herbs but I decided to create a DIY project to create a trellis for the snap peas to climb.


Supplies:

* twine but any type of yarn/rope/string will do!
* scissors
* a pot with soil
* sticks/pole/garden spike or something of the sort.  Old flag poles work as well!



I started off my sticking my wood sticks on the side of the pot.
Then I tied a knot on one side and went to the other side, up that same side and then over to the other side like shown below knotting as I go.






When you get to the top go to the middle of the rope and make a knot.





Work our way down all the way to the bottom saying in the middle








 Tie a when you get to the bottom and cut your string







Plant your seeds or already growing plants.
This single garden trellis works for all climbing veggies or fruits.
Snap peas, string beans, cucumbers etc.





YAY! Already for Mom to take down the shore.
I even painted her a lovely little seashell, perfect for her beach house trellis :D


xoxo -jenna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...