The winter here in Pennsylvania was the winter that would never end. It has been awful, and brutal for everyone that came in contact with the never ending snow, winter vortex, and dropping temperatures.
It took a toll on my skin so bad! I had the driest skin that I have ever experienced. With summer coming up with oils, sunscreen and sweat I knew that my skin would break out. BAM! Super dry to break out galore.
I've been keeping a close eye on my skin in the last month. I started a new beauty regime in hopes to moisturizing and clearing my skin up. I've noticed such an improvement and wanted to share!
My secret... WATER! seriously, oh and a few other helpers.
I have been drinking so much water lately and my skin moisturized from the inside out. I noticed my complexion looked healthier when I drank water daily and all day long. Not only is it good for my skin but its recommended to consume eight 8oz of water daily so its good for your health!
I won't lie sometimes drinking water can be super boring-- meh! So, spice it up. I purchased a infused water pitcher from bed bath and beyond (love it!) and its been great for adding a punch of flavor in a healthy way.
I love adding lemon to a glass of water but I have started putting it in my infuser so its already prepared. Some other great add ins are cucumbers, limes and mint. Cucumbers are also great for an organic natural weight loss supplement.
Also, check out my old blog post on creating refreshing ice cubes to add to your water as well.
As well as drinking much more water daily I also added/improved my daily morning and evening routine. Each morning I use a foaming facial cleanser then pat my face dry and add a light daily moisturizer (with SPF!) and an eye cream (bonus for anti-wrinkle-- doesn't hurt to start early!). After my moisturizer has set in that is when I do my makeup. Don't apply right away. At night, I completely remove my make-up! Do not ever ever ever sleep with make up on. eek! It's so bad for your skin, it needs to breathe. Once I remove my make up I wash my face with acne wash, pat dry and apply night cream.
This daily routine along with water has been so good on my skin-- looks and feels so healthy. I do get the minor 'monthly' pimple but not breakouts like I used too!
Here are the products I use. I am in no shape or form endorsing these but I knew I'd get a few emails asking what I use so here they are!
This is something that I have implemented in my routine for a month now and have noticed such an improvement!
What are your beauty regimes? Any products that you use that are great!?











No comments:
Post a Comment