Wednesday, July 28, 2010

seashells


I have been collecting seashells since I was a little girl. There is something about each one of them that is magical to me and they are so unique. I have a huge variety of shells in different shapes and sizes. I use to walk the beaches with my mom or my Aunt to 'hunt for shells' and over vacation I took my niece for a walk on the beach and thats what she wanted to do. It was and nostalgic and she was running all over (5 yrs old).

I have been creating things with them since I was a kid whether it was painting, writing my name, putting cartoon characters etc. But at 16 years old I started something new with different shells and gifted them but for some reason stopped... I'm going to start back up with that and I'm soooo excited to put them in my shop soon! I'll fill ya in when I have a handful done :)

While in South Carolina I found tons of shells that are normally harder to find on the jersey shore beaches but where seen everywhere down there. You can find tons of clam shells here but there that was a bit harder. I did tons of collecting. All these shots are shells from vacation :o) That first photo of the shell is huge up there, don't you think?!!

*Oh, and I took home a little sand and made up little 'beach' jars for my nieces/nephew to have.
Using baby food jars & painted the SC symbol/flag on the lid. (last 2 photos)



went looking for sand dollars.
All I found were broken pieces. But, hey first time I found
one myself!! :)


Brought a little bit of Charleston home for keeps <3

xo
- J

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you come up with! If I get some while on vacation in 10 days, I'll send them to ya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...