CHRISTMAS WREATH CARD HOLDER
I needed something to store my Christmas cards or at least display them in a fun way. Last year the hubs and I taped them up on the wall... so tacky! Although the makeshift artwork was fun for the season. I wanted a way to display the beautiful, creative and photo Christmas cards. I was messing with something that looked like christmas decor in the process.
Today I am sharing the card holder I made and just in time because we received our first two Christmas cards of the season today!! woo-hoo!
Supplies:
- clothespin (the clip kind!)
- green dye
- pot, plastic spoon
- red beads
- a bow or flower
- thick wire OR a wire hanger
- pliers
1. Fill a small-medium sized pot with water. Add in a couple capfuls of green dye to the pot. Turn on the stove and let it heat up. Mix it up with your spoon and see if the dye color is the hue you'd like when you wipe it.
2. Did you know you can dye clothespins?! Yup, SO SUPER easy. This makes any project that needs colored clothespins ideal. Just drop the clothespins in your pot and get those pins turning green! While they are dying form your hanger into a circle. I formed my circle prior and clipped them on to see how many I'd need to dye.
3. Keep mixing the clothespins and check to see if the are as dark or light as you'd like. When done rinse them off and lay them out to dry. I have a drying mat and left them there but patted them with a paper towel.
4. After drying over night collect the clothespins and start making your wreath!! Take apart the hanger. Get yourself a pair of pliers and unravel the hanger. You can certainly use thick wire but the hook of the hanger makes hanging so easy, convenient and it's recycling.
5. You want to start stringing the beads (I used plastic but you can certainly use wooden beads) and the clothespins. Stick the wire through the spring of clothespin. I strung 4 red beads, one clothespin, two beads, clothespin, 2 beads and repeated. As you get to the end string 4 beads like you did to start.
To finish take the pliers and wrap/hook at least a 1/4 of an inch around the hook of the hanger then pinch closed.
6. I found a $1 poinsettia flower clip at Target and used it at the top to add an accent to the card holder.









No comments:
Post a Comment