Gift in a Jar
Do you save your glass candle jars? Wait, am I the only one? They make great storage containers and they are perfect for putting things in as gifts. I love to recycle.
I love doing this type of gift. Instead of filling a bag of goodies for a lady you know make it extra fancy and use a jar and then they can use the jar for something else. Win win.
I recycled a candle from Bath and Body Works. Cheek it out!
You can put anything in a jar to gift.
You can make it feminine and/or masculine. Due to the jar being glass I wouldn't recommend it as a gift to a child.
Perfect for a housewarming gift, birthday, Christmas etc!
What is inside my jar? A pampering type jar!
- nail polish
- EOS chapstick
- comfy socks
- travel sized lotion
* if you have a little bit of wax left from your candle pop it in the freeze and let to sit overnight or at least for a few hours. When you take it out take a knife and pop out the wax by wedging the knife between the wax and glass. The wax will pop out in one piece. I usually will save that and then stick it in my candle warmer to use the last bit!!
*Use hot soapy water to clean your glass, dry and fill with your goodies!
I have made other gift jars. For a new home owner who loves gardening I gave gardening gloves, packets of seeds, small goodies for gardening that fit found at the dollar store and a gift card to home depot. Using a larger jar similar to a storage jar (used for flour or tea bags) I put assorted tea, a tea mug, cute coasters and biscotti for a tea lover.
Have you ever made a gift in a jar? What ideas do you have to share?










No comments:
Post a Comment