Yesterday I was off from work and decided to wake up early and get some things done. I planted some seeds and can't wait to see the lovely flowers grow!!! I also stretched and gessoed some canvas... their small sizes & pretty excited to paint some tiny paintings. I am not sure what I wanna do yet... any suggestions?? :)
Some things I admire right now:
Kurt Halsey Artwork: I just adore him and his unique style. I'm totally in love with his whale drawings right now and wish they were for sale!
http://www.kurthalsey.com/info/

The Record Collector by Kurt Halsey

Across Oceans by Kurt Halsey
(links brings you to site)

This awesome license plate piece by RecycledArtCo found on Etsy
Allison by Kimberly Dow
I ADORE the portraits that this woman Kimberly Dow creates. If there was one thing I wish I could paint better it would be portraits/self portraits. Just look at the detail in the jewelry!
Untitled Film Still #7
I love Cindy Sherman's series called "Untitled Film Stills" which features 69 black and white photographs of the photographer herself. (she does not condsider herself a self portraiture artist) She is one of my favorite female photographers and quite interesting!
*DON'T FORGET THE CONTEST//GIVEAWAY IS OPEN UNTIL JUNE 22*












Cindy Sherman has been one of my favorites for years. She's interesting and different. I'm seriously loving Kurt Halsey, his art is wonderful. Thanks for introducing us to him. It's hard to say what I like best about his stuff, it's all so different and sweet.
ReplyDelete