
Holiday Gift Guide #2
Do It Yourself: Handmade Paint Chip Bookmarks
This is a great gift for all the readers in your life! Perfect little craft for kids (grandkids) to gift or for anyone that wants to make stocking stuffer or a cheap small gift. I also found that these made super cute gift tags to stick on the gifts if you want to include the names on it. (to & from on back)
I made these with materials/supplies I had lying around my house. I have tons of paint chips hanging around my art studio for projects but you can always head to your local hardware store and get some for free!
Materials:
- paint chips (any color of your choice)
- sharpies: small and large point, paint pens
- stamps
- paint with small brushes (if sharpies/paint pens are not what you want to use)
- assorted yarn
- single hole punch or something to make a hole.
Design your paint chip as you please.
- draw
- stamp
- monogram
Punch a hole in the top for the yarn. I used a small amount of invisible mailing tape over the area to hole punch to make it stronger.
Choose yarn that compliments your paint chip color & put it through the hole.
viola! beautiful & cheap gift.
Turn it into a gift tag/bookmark by writing the names on the front or back and sign who the gift is from.
xoxo- jenna













No comments:
Post a Comment