
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE #4
White Chip Chocolate with Peppermint Cookies
Every since I was little my mom has always made chocolate cookies with white chips & they were always so delicioussss. This year I made up my own twist on the recipe and added in some peppermint pieces and oh my... not only are they so yummy but they are such a pretty cookie!
I have come to the conclusion that peppermint is SUCH a fun and festive candy. They are pretty and taste lovely.
Ingredients:
❅ 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
❅ 1 tsp baking soda
❅ 2/3 cup baking cocoa
❅ 1/4 tsp salt
❅ 1 cup (2 sticks) butter soft
❅ 3/4 cup granulated sugar
❅ 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
❅ 1 tsp vanilla extract
❅ 2 large eggs
❅ 2 cups WHITE morsels :)
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 350°F -
Step one: combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
Step two: combine and beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large (mixing) bowl until creamy.
Step three: Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Step four: Gradually beat in flour mixture.
Step five: Stir in morsels
Step six: Drop a teaspoon onto a ungreased baking sheet. (I used a teaspoon sized ice scooper looking guy).
BAKE for 9-11 minutes. Before they cool off added crushed peppermint (crush up candy canes). With a teaspoon sprinkle the tops of the cookies and lightly pat the mint into the cookie -- without smashing them of course.
❅ Makes about 5 dozen cookies ❅
Move to a wire rack to cool.
VIOLA- YUMMY COOKIE!
Taking these tasty treats to a party? I am! Have no fear... A fancy schmancy recycling DIY cookie container coming soon!
xoxo -jenna








No comments:
Post a Comment