Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday gift guide #9: cookie container



HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE #9
DIY Cookie Container

Do you have pringles hanging around your house? Do you love pringles... are you craving them right now? Well this is a recyclable DIY using a pringle container!! All this cost me was the cost of pringles! (less than $3) All my other supplies I had lying around the house or in my art studio. ta-da!

Supplies:
- pringle containter
- glue (I found that spray adhesive worked WONDERS!)
- festive wrapping paper- * Hanukkah, Christmas, wintery *
- scissors
- ribbon



Instead of running out and buying cute festive tins to give away holiday treats or cookies this was a fantastic and recyclable idea!! I can't say that I didn't go out and buy some tins myself but this was great for those hostesses who you know will toss those tins out or even those who would ADORE going green! It's fun creative and easy peasy! Make sure you wipe out the inside of the can prior!!!!

First-- measure the length of the can on your paper- mark top and bottom and then roll to see the length around.

Second-- spray a portion of the can with the glue then begin to wrap the can spraying as you go around.



Third -- while waiting for the can to dry trace the lid on the paper and then cut slightly smaller then what you measured. I drew a tree with sharpie on mine. You can do the same or write to & from, a saying or leave blank.



Fourth-- spray the right side (image side) of the traced circle and stick in the lid. When everything is dry place cookies inside for your host or hostess. You can skip this part and slap a bow ontop or tie ribbon around like you would a boxed gift.

I filled mine with my Chocolate white chip peppermint cookies
Then topped it off with homemade peppermint bark


viola! recycled cookie & treats container!
[xoxo] jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...