Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide #3- Peppermint Bark



hOLidAY GiFT GUidE 2010
[ #3 ]


Todays holiday gift guide is created by my friend Denise, who is a photographer based in the Las Vegas area. Her blog Once Upon a Time is family oriented, photography inspired and filled with fun facts every tuesday! This woman is awesome and a huge supporter! I'm so excited that she is myfirst guest blog post! :D

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*

* Cheap and EasyPeppermint Bark *



I’m a huge peppermint bark fan. Every year I buy large amounts to snack on and cover me through the New Year. That gets a bit pricey, so finally after some research and adjustments to other recipes, I found an easy alternative.

1 bag milk chocolate chips /1 bag of white chocolate chips/1 box 12 large candy canes

*Cover the bottom of a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Crush the candy canes inside of a Ziploc bag as fine or chunky as you like.

*Melt milk chocolate chips in the microwave for short periods of time. I melt for 15 seconds, stir and return it to the microwave, until smooth and creamy and delicious. Take that lovely melted milk chocolate and spread over the parchment paper in a nice even flat layer.

*Freeze for 15 or 20 minutes. Continue the same process with the white chocolate chips, which is even yummier. I suggest sneaking snaps throughout the entire process.

*Once the white chocolate chips are melted take ½ of the candy cane crunchies and mix.

*Spread the white chocolate mixture over the milk chocolate.


*Take the remainder of the candy cane crunchies and spread over the top of the white chocolate mixture.


*You might need to press them into the white chocolate a bit.
Freeze again for another 15 or 20 minutes.
Break it apart and you’re all set! Enjoy! (see photo by title)


Thanks Denise for participating! I LOVE peppermint bark myself and will definitely be trying out this recipe. It's perfect to bag as gifts or bring to holiday parties!

Hope you guys are successful with making yours. Send me a link to your homemade peppermint bark courtesy of Denise when you do!


[xO]
- jenna
[ Happy Holidays!! ]

1 comment:

  1. Hey that's me! Fun stuff. We just made another batch today and it was way easy. Also bought little baskets and bows to put it in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...