Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide #7


hOLidAY GiFT GUidE 2010
[ #7 ]

EEP! Christmas is getting so so so close. This is such a fun craft to do with little kiddos and allows for new ornaments for your tree!! I did this in first grade and wrapped them up and gave it to my parents for Christmas in first grade. (humiliating below) This is also a great gift to family members and something grandparents will absolutely adore!! Mailing this cuties to families that are not close and can't be around will make a great gift.

I did this craft with the kids I work with. (2 third graders and 1 first grader) They had fun doing it and two of them are gifting them to their parents while the other is giving it to their cousin.

Popsicle Tree Ornaments

Supplies:

Popsicle sticks // hot glue gun // paper or felting // a camera to take a photograph // elmers glue // ribbon or yarn

I took out a bunch of craft supplies to decorate the project such as paints, markers, sequins, beads, glass stones, pipe cleaners etc This allowed them to get creative and give them options.



*PARENTS SHOULD ONLY USE HOT GLUE GUN



Before hand I created a triangle with the popsicle sticks and hot glued them together.

Than I gave them to the kids to get creative with

(I made one myself but I can’t show it until after Christmas… you’ll see why)

I took a picture of each kid. I printed them out and glued it on the back using their tree as a frame.

I didn’t have felt to put on the back like the example from my first grade project so I substituted with fun paper I hand made a while ago.

I then cut ribbon and glued it on the top for the ornament to hang.

VIOLA! Super cute and fun

[XO]
- jenna

aaaaaand my favorite Christmas song!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna try this one with the girls. Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...