Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide #8




hOLidAY GiFT GUidE 2010
[ #8 ]

*Ribbon Hair Clips*





I made these cute clips for my nieces this year. I made each one to their own style & age. SO easy to make especially for a last minute gift for someone you may have forgotten about or a cute stocking stuffer. Cheap supplies too!

Supplies: Ribbon (which I had in my house)// cardboard (hey recycle- get some cereal boxes!) // bobby pin or hair clip // buttons (I save loose ones) (glue and markers too!)


* I cut my ribbon pieces to how many petals I wanted on my designed flower and the size. (mine are a little more than an inch. Fold it so it curls slightly putting the front (depending if you have a design) so they have a point -- don't twist that's a different technique.



* I used my hot glue gun to join them. I picked a button to compliment or match my ribbon and glued each petal to the back.

* Once you have glued each petal glue it to a bobby pin or clip.



* I have cut pieces of cardboard and then personalized them by writing the names to whom I am gifting too and then put the hair accessory on it. :)


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*--*-*-*-

Tomorrow is Christmas eve! I'm working in the morning than celebrating at my Aunt's for our traditional Italian 7 Fishes dinner. Then going to Matt's to celebrate with his mothers family after dinner.

Do you have any traditions??

Hope you have any amazing Christmas!! I'll be back after Christmas and my birthday to have more diy and another guest recipe! Hey- New Years is still on it's way--- AND last minute gifts for those you forgot or were given an unexpected gift from.


I made some peppermint bark shared by Denise.
I'll be gifting some for Christmas with some candy mixed in.


Tonight I am wrapping gifts.

[XO]
-jenna

3 comments:

  1. I've just realised I don't have any traditions ... is it too late to start one with my little family ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh so cute. You've had some really great Christmas posts!!!!! I Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anonymous- it's never too late to start!!

    Denise-- thanks love! did zoe try out the little card boxes? ps- i'll be doing some post christmas (we all know we still see ppl after holidays) I have an idea for spa type things- maybe a relaxation day for all the women (or men!) who need it post holidays =P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...