Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide #6



hOLidAY GiFT GUidE 2010
[ #6 ]

SAVE THOSE OLD CHRISTMAS CARDS!

PART 2


* Christmas Card Gift Tags*


Another tip from mom! (She's a pretty crafty woman herself) She has been doing this ever since I can remember and as I got older I adopted it myself. Buying tags are a waste of money and not to mention they are usually not unique and extremely cookie cutter!

supplies: Stack of Christmas cards // yarn // scissors // hole puncher (or something to make holes) // a cylinder to make circles

mom's version--


-Choose the card you'd like to use. take your cylinder (I used a soup can I store my paint brushes in) cover what you want to be the front of your tag and draw a circle. Cut our your circle. I was able to get two tags out of one card... you may use different sized cylinders to get a variety or tags. Punch holes in the circle and tie a string inside. You can tie the string onto a bag or tape it onto a box. Remember write the name to whom your gifting to and sign it! :D


my added twist (although my moms are still my personal fav)--

-- choose the card you'd like to use as tags. I chose this one because I could tell I could make several with one. Cut out what you'd like to use as tags. Then cut out the corners to make it interesting & punch holes. Tie a piece of yarn to tie to to a bag to use to tape on a box.


*'*'*'*'*'*BONUS*'*'*'*'*'*

*Recycled Christmas Card Ornament*

photo: Martha Stewart

Found this cute DIY ornament through the internet & thought it went well with my recycled Christmas card DIY- Thanks Martha!

http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/recycled-christmas-card-crafts



I hope you enjoyed the diy recycling of Christmas cards! Next year you'll have this seasons cards to work with! ha

[XO]
-jenna

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm seriously lovin' both of those ideas. I think my favorites by far on your holiday season rampage.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...