Saturday, December 18, 2010

Holiday Gift Guide #5


hOLidAY GiFT GUidE 2010
[ #5 ]

CHOCOLATE TOFFEE COVERED PRETZELS


Todays blog post is by Laura from La La Lovely! She has decided to share a holiday tradition in her home with all of us. It's so yummy and seems SO easy.


*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*

Hello!

I’m Laura from LaLaLovely! Jenna was sweet enough to ask me to do a little holiday D.I.Y. feature for her blog… so I came up with something that is a holiday tradition of mine! It’s Chocolate Toffee Covered Pretzels!

These babies are so good… you can’t just have one! I hope you enjoy the recipe and make these for yourself or your holiday gatherings. They are super easy to make.. and no baking required! How easy is that?!



Ingredients:
1 bag of Chocolate Chips
1 Bag of Chocolate Toffee Bits
1 Bag of Pretzels
Wax paper



In a Double Boiler - (if you don't have one.. use a heat safe bowl and put it ontop of a a pan filled with water - don't let it touch the water)
add bag of chocolate heat to medium high heat.



Once you see the chocolate start to melt, continuously stir until melted. I then turn down the heat to low.


Now you are ready to start dipping the pretzels!
*Make sure you prepare a platter or surface you can put them on.
I use a tray and I line it with wax paper
You can use any pretzels you want..
I happen to have the little weave ones on hand.
I like to dip them half way in the chocolate and immediately lay them onto the wax paper.
Once you have dipped all the pretzels you want to use... sprinkle them with the toffee bits!



You can now transfer the tray into the fridge or to set the chocolate faster I throw them in the freezer for about 5 minutes and they harden!

Enjoy for yourself.. or put them in a nice box for a gift!

xo Laura

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*

Thanks Laura for your guest blog post! These look great :)
Let me know if you try these delicious treats!
We're coming down to the last week before Christmas!! I'm going to have several posts this week. If anyone else is interested in joining in shoot me an email!

Keep an eye out for Part 2 of recycled Christmas cards!!

[XO]
-jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...